This is an amazing salad recipe my mom made one night for dinner. It can be served warm or cold. To make it more of a main dish versus a side dish add a protein to it (tofu, cooked chicken, shrimp etc.) It can easily be made of time and keeps quite well in the fridge for a few days.
- 1/2 cup organic all natural peanut butter
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp sweet chile sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp gluten free tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 16 oz. package of pad thai rice noodles
- 1 kettle full of boiling water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1/2 english cucumber seeded and julienned
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced diagonally
- 2 tbps coconut oil
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Blend all the dressing ingredients except oil and cilantro in a food processor, blender or with a hand mixer
- Add oil in a steady stream while mixing the dressing
- Stir in half of the cilantro and set aside
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the noodles, rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Toss with sesame oil.
- Add julienned carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, green onions and bean sprouts to noodles. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat add slivered almonds and sesame seeds to pan. Cook until golden brown – about 3-4 minutes
- Add sugar and toss for another 30 seconds
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Add dressing to noodles and toss. Garnish with seeds and remaining cilantro. Enjoy!