By: Dr. Christine Cho ND
Looking for a healthy dessert that will leave your kids happy and satisfied? This fudge recipe is something that I discovered while searching for healthier dessert recipes. The final product is surprisingly creamy and rich so you don’t need to eat a ton of it to feel satisfied. The only real downside is that it needs to be kept in the freezer until you serve it, but it is actually quite nice while cold.
Ingredients (makes approx 12 1.5″ x 1.5″ squares)
- 1 cup all-natural, unsweetened, unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (don’t decrease this as it will not hold together!)
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tbsp shredded (unsweetened) coconut
- Process/blend almond butter and dried dates until relatively smooth (if you like bigger chunks of dates, blend less)
- Mix in a bowl with softened (not melted) coconut oil, and optional coconut and cinnamon.
- Line a container/baking dish with plastic wrap and pour in the mixture. Smooth it out.
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving. Keep in freezer until you are ready to eat.
- Lift plastic wrap up and remove the whole thing from the container. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!
- Store the remainder in the freezer
For another healthy dessert option, check out our avocado chocolate pudding!