These decadent balls should come with a warning as your whole family is bound to love them. This kid friendly recipe is a great dessert that can be made quickly (as long as your pre-soak the cashews) and as a bonus it contains some great antioxidants and will satisfy your chocolate craving.
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hr (can soak up to 6 hours if needed)
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- For extra protein kick: add in up to 2 scoops of vanilla/chocolate protein (note that you may need to add in a little water if the mixture is too dry)
- Place all ingredients except the goji berries in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy/doughy
- Add goji berries and blend for another 10 seconds or so
- Roll mixture into balls (about the size of a cotton ball)—should make about 10.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen—my preference is frozen as it tastes like frozen brownie mix!