Homemade Almond Milk
This recipe is easier than you think! It will also save you some money and you can avoid the additives added to store bought milks.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water
- 3.5 cups of filtered water
- 2-4 dates or 1 tbsp of honey to taste
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak overnight or at least 2 hours if you don’t have time.
- Rinse and drain the almonds and place in a blender. Add the filtered water and dates or honey.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and pour the milk mixture through the bag. Gently squeeze the bag to extract all the liquid. If you don’t have a nut milk bag you can always drain the liquid through a few layers of cheese clothe.
- Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the salt and any optional ingredients. Blend to combine.
- Pour into a glass jar or mason jar and store in the fridge for 3-5 days. The mixture will separate so be sure to mix well before using.