Have you been suffering from hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, brain fog, anxiety and difficulty losing weight?
It could be your hormones!
Our hormones have the ability to affect many different aspects of our bodies from our moods, to our energy, to our weight, to our sleep, and the list goes on. This can be very frustrating for women, and men, as we are often told that everything is ‘ok’. While our hormones may be within a ‘normal value’ on routine tests, they may not be functioning optimally or ideally.
Our team of naturopathic doctors will work with you to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. We offer hormone testing to help understand the imbalance and get to the root of your health concerns. Your naturopathic doctor will discuss with you which hormone tests would be most appropriate for your particular concerns. This may either be assessed via blood or salivary testing.
Once our naturopathic doctors have performed a thorough assessment to fully understand what is going on with your hormones, treatment will begin. We use an individualized approach to assess each patient and as a result each treatment plan will be uniquely tailored to the individual.
We use an all-natural approach to help balance your hormones.
Treatment options vary but may include any of the following:
- Diet and nutritional advice: Ensuring an adequate amount of good healthy fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Nutritional evaluation to rule out any food sensitivities which could be causing unnecessary stress and inflammation in the body which can greatly influence our hormonal balance.
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation: ensuring all the necessary co-factors are needed to produce hormone
- Herbs: Specific herbs may be selected to help balance the hormonal imbalance. Various herbs help to boost progesterone, testosterone, estrogen or balance cortisol levels. Your naturopathic doctor will determine what is best for you.
- Acupuncture: Has a long history of use for regulating hormones. It can be used to restore fertility, decrease hot flashes, balances stress hormones etc.
- Intravenous therapies: An extremely energizing treatment that can give you a quick jump start to help restore your hormonal balance.
To start on the path to more balanced hormones, contact our clinic for a free 15 minute consultation.