Are you thinking about getting pregnant or have been trying for a while without any luck?
Naturopathic medicine can help improve and restore your fertility naturally.
At Durham Natural Health Centre, we focus on natural approaches to fertility. Our naturopathic doctors will work with you to determine the underlying issues for your fertility concerns. Our naturopathic doctors will perform a detailed initial visit and assess your current health and hormonal status. Blood work and/or additional testing may be required to get a full diagnostic assessment.
We will also assist many couples who are going through conventional fertility treatments and offer supportive therapies for couples undergoing ovulation induction drugs, intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Naturopathic therapies can help to improve the outcome of fertility treatments and research has shown that IVF success rates are significantly improved when combined with acupuncture.
Our treatments can help:
- Improve egg quality
- Improve male factor infertility
- Improve implantation rates
- Enhance blood flow to the pelvis
- Decrease inflammation
- Decrease stress
Our treatment options may include:
- Acupuncture to help promote pelvic blood flow, improve IVF success rates and to manage stress levels
- Nutrition counselling to help ensure you are following a diet that is specific for your health needs. This could include food sensitivity testing if necessary
- Supplementation to help boost fertility, improve egg quality and improve cervical mucus production
- Herbal medicine either as a tea or capsule form to help support hormone balance
- Intravenous therapy to help correct any nutritional imbalances
- Laboratory testing to determine any hidden underlying causes of infertility
Naturopathic medicine can help address both female and male factor infertility and help you understand and restore your fertility naturally.
Some of the concerns that can be helped:
- Unexplained infertility
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Hormonal imbalances
- Thyroid concerns
- Poor egg quality
- Low sperm count, motility and morphology
Visits with our naturopathic doctors will range from 30-60 minutes in length allowing you the time to ask any questions you might have and to address any emotional issues that often times surround the fertility process. This can be an extremely stressful and emotional journey for many couples and we are here to support you on journey towards parenthood.
To learn more, contact us to schedule a free 15 minute consultation to learn how we can help!