5 Ways to Detox your Body:
1) Flush your system with water everyday! – Start every morning off with a big glass of water and keep drinking throughout the day. Whether it is with water or herbal teas, staying constantly hydrated will help your body eliminate toxins, keep your skin glowing, and help with digestion. Try adding a squeeze of lemon or apple cider vinegar to your morning glass of water to help stimulate your liver and digestion.
2) Increase your activity! – Adding exercise to your daily routine helps with the detoxification process because you are sweating out toxins through your skin, circulation is increased, and digestion is improved. Sweating, increased blood circulation, and proper digestion are all ways to cleanse the body and get rid of potentially harmful toxins that have built up.
3) Shop organic! – Eat foods that are organic and free of any harmful chemicals. Conventionally grown foods are full of pesticides and herbicides that have to be cleaned out by the liver. So eat organic and let your liver rest!
4) Eat the right foods! – There are many foods that aid in detoxification. Some of these detox superfoods are turmeric, garlic, lemon, beets, sweet potato, and broccoli. These foods help with inflammation, digestion, and stimulate the liver, so add some of these cleansing foods into your diet during detox.
5) Brush your skin! – Dry skin brushing is a very effective way to detoxify the body. By brushing your skin with a dry skin brush, you are improving your circulation and helping your body clear toxins from the lymphatic system. It helps remove toxins from the body by enhancing the flow of lymph through the skin. The lymphatic system is another way that the body eliminates toxins.